Oak Hills members are actively mentoring families in our community through committed, life-on-life discipleship. Our vision is that these relationships are so mutually beneficial that all involved grow closer to Christ, as Oak Hills Church shines as a beacon of hope and healing in our community.
Join us as we live on mission in our local community. There are a lot of ways to serve, at our church and at our local partner, Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries. We'd love to talk to you about how you and your family can plug in and serve.
One of those ways is mentoring a local family. Our Family Mentoring Core Team trains and supports individuals and families in the journey of mentoring others, in cooperation with Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries. You are then matched up with an at-risk family in the community that is committed to improving their situation. Together, you seek to build a better future through mutual encouragement, accountability and love, as you seek the dignity and purpose that God intends. You can be a part of that God story.
Want more information on becoming a Family Mentor? Email Noemi Graham.
The MISSION of Family Mentoring is to:
- Support healing and restoration of families in our community who live in generational poverty. This is facilitated through life-giving mentor relationships with those who know Christ and believe that God is the guiding force for each one of us.
- Mobilize families at Oak Hills Church to understand poverty from a Biblical perspective and to discover God’s calling on their lives to serve our local community.
- Equip a volunteer team to provide ongoing coaching, encouragement, prayer and Biblical community that will support our mentor families, leaders and volunteers as they do the work of ministry.
- Better understand and know our surrounding community so that Oak Hills Church can more effectively reach our neighbors for Christ.
- Inspire and equip everyone at Oak Hills Church to be a force for justice and mercy in our community through the unique calling that God puts on their lives to serve.