The men's ministry is known as Transform. We are men of integrity transformed in Christ.
We are transformed men of God:
- empowered by the Holy Spirit,
- called to belong in community with others,
- grow strong in the Word, and
- serve others as Jesus served with truth and grace.
In a culture of transformation, men will Belong, Grow, and Serve together in partnership with Christ by:
- Belonging together in large men’s events offered by church leadership and small groups designed for fellowship and brotherhood
- Growing together in small groups designed with Bible engagement emphasis
- Practicing servant leadership inside and outside the local church, as the Holy Spirit leads
- Respectfully submitting to the spiritual leadership established by Christ in the Oak Hills church
Men's Bible Study:
CORE - The study will dive into what it means to be a Christ-Centered man at our CORE: a man who is grounded in his identity as a son of the King, a man who can lead at home, at work, and in the community, and a man who can be a beacon of light and hope to the City of San Antonio.
7:00 PM Monday evenings
8:30 AM Saturday mornings
PLAY THE MAN - Somewhere along the way, our culture lost its definition of manhood, leaving generations of men and men-to-be confused about their roles, responsibilities, relationships, and the reason God made them men. It's into this "no man's land" that New York Times bestselling author Mark Batterson declares his mantra for manhood: play the man.
In this inspiring call to something greater, he helps men understand what it means to be a man of God by unveiling seven virtues of manhood. Mark shares inspiring stories of manhood, including the true story of the hero and martyr Polycarp, who first heard the voice from heaven say, "Play the man." Mark couples those stories with practical ideas about how to disciple the next generation of men.
This is more than a book; it's a movement of men who will settle for nothing less than fulfilling their highest calling to be the man and the father God has destined them to be. Play the man. Make the man.
MEETING DATES: Monday evenings on Aug 26, Sept 9, 23, Oct 7
MEETING TIME: 7:00 - 8:30 PM